Saturday, May 29, 2021

Ausztral Tom - Allatok Kereses and Zoom Hatterek

Hello! Welcome back to the latest video. I didn't get this blog up on time because I only finished the video at about 1am and didn't want to delay putting that one up. As per usual, here are some of the references and moments from the latest video. 

Let's go! The last two videos had quite long intros and this one was really quick with the corporate merger of the decade between Netpincér and Netflix, with Netpincérflix. Immediately after posting this logo someone asked me if they can use it (and of course!) so who knows where it will pop up next. Also, in the future, we really don't know what kinds of sectors will blend with each other so stay tuned. 



I know whenever I'm off my game it shows in the types of errors I make, I liked the awkwardness of accidently calling your mum 'mamlasz' by accident. Also, I feel like there's nothing more heart sinking than when the SMS gets sent and you see it sitting there all exposed.



I love this word Fityisz and love even more that I found a symbol for the gesture that looks like a scratch ticket thing. 


Ok look I couldn't help but mildly parody clickbait/Buzzfeed stuff that tries to boil down mental health management into a hacks and an aesthetic. I think that type of content has a net positive because it gives mental health some airplay but I do hope people who make those videos keep themselves in check :)


I had to reference that "No vakcina, No party" slogan that the government put out there. As an outsider, I didn't quite understand why they'd go for this Hunglish approach. I can only assume it was a cringe tactic because they knew the meme industry would circulate it like wildfire, which they did. So maybe it can be considered very successful as the message got out there. Whether it can be attributed to increasing vaccinations is hard to say. I can imagine more people heard the message and acted than thought it was so uncool that they decided not to get vaccinated at all. Honestly worthy of a case study. 
  

We mention that a kivulallo perspective can help when the mood is low, and who's more kivulallo than me? That's when we zoom into the kiwi bird with Arva Fiu by Cserhati Zsusza playing since New Zealand is at least 2,200km further from Hungary than me. This bird has become quite the sleeper hit by the way, several people have written to me about it.


Then I say that in this video we're going to talk about mood lifters, or how to go from zero to hero, and we see the nulla statue and Heroes Square.

We're gonna go from mood :/ to mudi :D. It only occurred to me after I could've said "from moody to mudi" but oh well, more was lost at Mohacs.

And we'll go from EESZT to best! I saw so many complaints about the EESZT website having downtime and issues, and so referenced that. And when I say 'to best', we see the opening theme song to Delta from 1984. That theme song is so nu-wave and high art, it's brilliant. I put an illuminati triangle in the middle of the logo because it really fits.


Lights... camera... action! And that little pisis Bendeguz didn't roll the tape. For the newcomers, this was a reference to my own video. In one of the first videos over a decade ago, I said to Bendeguz "a hasadra sut a nap". I had to bring that up again after getting this footage of a kangaroo rolling onto its back. 




Alright the first section is on time outdoors. I'm sure we've all become a little dependent on walks around the block since the lockdown measures came in. I actually don't enjoy just aimlessly walking, so I prefer to factor a walk into getting groceries or doing errands or even to find video content to film. But since that's not so interesting for a video, I talked about an animal spotting game. I think that could be fun, you'd just need to have a mission like "i need to find five pigeons with a white spot" because then you'd think creatively about good places to spy lots of pigeons. 

The man on the rocking horse is from the video for Emese by Kispal es a borz, and the expression bolyongani, mint golyafos a levegoben was suggested in the comments. Some people share some other variations on this too, but it's perfect.


We run through the points system and we must surely bring up the gyongyoru gyongytyuk and its new friend the lagy-agyu gyurgyalag.



So let's get prepared to go outside. It's crazy how many foreigners (not just Hungarians, every country's people) talk about how dangerous Australia is and how everything wants to kill you. It's fine when people are clearly joking but it's disappointing to me when people sincerely write to me that they wouldn't come here because they're too scared of snakes and sharks haha etc. There hasn't been a shark related death in Sydney in 60+ years and I've never even seen a snake outside of in a zoo. Be cautious, like you would be anywhere, but it's true what I say that the only thing I need to worry about before going on a bushwalk in my Sydney suburb is the sun. Thanks for listening to my Ted talk.

I did include this footage of Nicole Kidman at an award ceremony where the angle and her way of clapping to avoid hitting herself against her rings, makes her look a little freaky.



Who remembers the Langoskepu reference from the second video? I remembered to capture some footage of me lathering my face in sunscreen earlier that day.

Then we say goodbye to hazisarkany before heading off. I couldn't help but notice how many Hungarian compliments were related to eating someone, so made sure to mention those in succession (egyem a szivedet, teged meg kell zabalni). I would never eat Hazisarkany though, way too gristly and furry.


I mention it's a hives, borongo, oszi nap, which is the opening line from the poem Osszel by Arany Janos. It's also sarcastic because this was a jolly, warm day. Timing is everything because as I write this it's relatively bad weather (14 degrees, overcast, cold wind). 


I was so so lucky to find this kookaburra on a low branch where I could film next to it but it's so blended into the background in this shot. Fortunately got some close ups as well. It stayed there for like 10 minutes as well, so there's footage of me telling that same Szajko joke about 11 times.


Probably the best joke in existence this Psycho/Szajko wordplay btw. The background for the Szajko movie poster is the background from the movie Psycho, and birds can just look really menacing so i think it came out pretty well. 


And then the celebrated return of Brit Tom and Amcsi Tom, but now with Ir Tom and Japan Janos. This is a reference to my old video where I had the three toms talking about the pronunciation of 'water'. And then here we do it again but for 'waterdragon'.

I had to watch a tutorial on how to do an Irish accent. I hope someone enjoyed hearing an Australian saying something in Hungarian like how it is pronounced in Japanese. You know me, always following the hot trends.


The joke was that the machine (who is me) is malfunctioning. I was inspired by a commenter who asked once if there's a Tom for every country and language. We got a great clip from the Mezga Csalad and then this technical difficulties screen I made. Small detail: The outlet is an Australian outlet. 


I really like waterdragons. I don't think they're dangerous but they'll kind of blindly eat anything small enough to fit in their mouths. One of them stole my mango once.


Then on the edge of the water I say how kikotobe kottunk ki, which is a reference to the Mezga Csalad reaction video where I was so fond of something Kriszta said. I mention how I call the harbour 'hol szeret a capa' and play this amazing clip, but edit it with him having the correct answer.  


It's true that you can see whales in the harbour during winter because they migrate. Please remove any dramatic images in your mind of them looking like cinematic masterpieces. They're always really far away and come up to breathe for about 1 second every every 20 minutes. However one time I was on a ferry and baby whale had its little fin in the air hanging out of the water for a full five minutes. Lifechanging.

But we zoom in on the boat, and see mr Szijjarto having a well-earned break.

Beautiful photogenic cockatoo. 

We head home after being wildly successful, and talk about making the most of this spirit of nature that now resides inside us. This footage here is from the Australian entry for Eurovision in 2019. Kate Miller Heidke performing Zero Gravity, but she kindly offered up her time to play as mother nature for me.


Then we figure out what type of affirmation to write to feel inspired for the rest of the day. I'm a partial believer in affirmations, I do believe in figuring out ways to stay focused on what's important. I was trying to think of a kind of weak affirmation and came up with "I am (w)hole" this was the least-inspiring inspiring font I could find.

And we rewrite the affirmation! 

Time to make some Zoom backgrounds. I've never been to Gogo Hami but it sounds like a riot.


Thinking of a few different Hungarians to have around. Also, let it be known that I am NOT a graphic designer or an artist (or a video editor btw). I just figure it out as I go, so I'm sure I had the worst form possible putting these together but hey as long as people knew what was happening.


The finished product. The song that plays in the background was Tul Szep by Hien.


Honestly, try to do that wrist clicking thing at home as fast as Bango Margit, it's really hard.
But she must be great a Wii Tennis.

Small easter egg with my search history.

Then me next to Fluor Tomi, with the Ma Van a Szulinapom song by Alma Egyuttes (Remek a hangulatom-tom-tom-to-to-to-tom). It's also true that I've never been on a trolley bus, I bet it's sensational.


Then with the mock conversation between all the Gogo Hami guests, I included that quite bizarre quote from Norbert about how the vagdiszno starts at 100kg. What a strange thing to say. 


Barbi wasn't impressed. Also, not sure whose hand that is on Zoran.

And that's the end of the video with a small final scene referencing the Crocodile Dundee quote "That's not a knife... that's a knife", except it's a hajo (and what a dramatic hajo)


Hope you enjoyed this video! I like this video because it's really faithful to my sense of humour, so if you liked any part of it we'd probably be good mates in real life :) 

Thanks so much for watching. This video in particular took a lot of time but you all have been paying me back 1000x fold with the good vibes, and it's honestly touching. Ok, happy animal spotting and see you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ausztrál Nylevlecke 21

Hello again everyone! What a pleasure to start the new year with you.  If you're game, let's go through the latest video which I upl...