Saturday, January 23, 2021

Ausztral Tom - Mango Tutorial

Hello again! 

Welcome to 2021. Truly hihetetlen. The latest vid is a simple post card and a bit of szorakaztato to tide you over! It is shorter than the last few vids so hope it's better than nothing! :)

But let's give it a red hot go! If you're super elite, you may recognise the background. It's the same location where I filmed the video where I first mentioned langoskepu / radiobavalo arca van. It's called George's Heights, and it's honestly so beautiful. You can see the Manly ferry in the background of the below. 


But guess who forgot to charge their microphone before filming? That's right, Bendeguz. Argh, no it was me. I had to refilm the whole thing because the sound didn't work. Told you I was sikagyu! But fortunately could get spectacular footage like that of Jancsi the kookaburra. Look at this beast. I wanted to call him Soma originally but when I found out the Hungarian name of kookaburra, well, what choice did I have.


I was honestly surprised that several people asked me for a mango tutorial, so I wanted to start this video infomercial style. "Mi van, ha azt mondom, hogy rosszul etted a mangot egesz eletedben?" etc. With the classic black and white shots of the 'what not to do' cases. So stupid!!!! 

But got the chance to really push the special effects budget with the below. You can't tell me the Igyom-bingyom talibe, tutalibe, a malibe isn't an occult chant to summon lord knows what. It was made better by a clip from Halasz Judit I found which includes children's voices. 


 I know you Hungarians have magic powers admit it. But anyway, when the mango just disappears instead of opening the sad sounds that plays is from Szerencekerek when they get a letter wrong.

But anywho, I got you covered. Time for our mango tutorial, all part of the new cooking show Ragyogo Ragcsalnivalo.


I'm sorry but the idea of a cooking show all just being fake Uber Eats dishes is too funny to me. Also the person's face is entirely fake, it's from https://thispersondoesnotexist.com/ which generates fake faces.

We also turn on Mango Cam, and it seems someone left me a delightful szaloncukor to energise me for the sho--- aghh saboteur. This is of course a reference to what we talked about in the Xmas vid.



Did anyone catch the reference to Crocodile Dundee? "That's not a knife?" You can watch the clip here. You know what's so funny about these Ausztral Tom videos.. it's the age range who watches it. I get people aged FIFTEEN to EIGHTY writing to me, so I have no idea who actually knows the reference from one line in Crocodile Dundee. Oh well, all that matters is someone will get it.

But this Dundee seems to think a postairon is a knife... de dinnye. 


Honestly I'm worried for anyone who will click on this video thinking it's a legitimate mango tutorial. (While does have that info), we don't hear it until like halfway into the video, and it could be summarised in the below three screenshots. But we just love to linger in the moment.


Who doesn't love a Vajda Janos reference?


Now first of all, when I take the first bite of the mango the fork actually changes in the cut. I wonder if anyone noticed. But then after the first part of the tutorial, we see the below screen. This is one of my favourite parts of the video, but I don't know if anyone will relate to it!

Rarely in school they'd show these instructional videos (usually from America) which had these silly "Pause for class discussion" moments. It was always ignored, but the idea that this mango video would be shown in a class makes me laugh to myself so much. 


Later on, we do a scan of the view from the look out, and I put a few markers of locations you can see. The thing about Sydney is that it has this beautiful harbour which is also really inconvenient! Everything is built around it, which can make travel distances really long. This lookout isn't so far from the belvaros, and as the crow flies, it's not far from Bondi Beach. But with the harbour, and limited tunnels, it takes forever to get there.


Say no more... I was going to put 'bojlertestu' but I didn't want to offend boilers.


A bit of slang for ya!


And we end with this a reference to this new rivalry I have with the other voros ausztral who's vying for your attention. This is a tree kangaroo... and it looks like he's called in back up.. the nerve.


Anyway, a very goofy vid, but a spot of sunny entertainment for your viewing pleasure. Now feel free to ask my questions or share your assumptions. 

Or share what other videos you want. I don't have any shortage of ideas, but I always like to hear what people like. I know some people like language stuff, other people like Australian life stuff, some like my cultural observations, other people want reaction videos, some people want to know more about me. Let me know otherwise I can't wait to see what this year has in store for us all :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ausztrál Nylevlecke 21

Hello again everyone! What a pleasure to start the new year with you.  If you're game, let's go through the latest video which I upl...