Friday, December 11, 2020

Az Ausztral-Magyar Birodalom

Hi everyone!

I hope you've enjoyed this latest video. Let's talk about it a bit.

In the video we got to see a cool conversation with internet breakout star, Hide the Pain Harold. Let's face it, he's basically the Chinese zodiac representation for this year. It's a cliched thing to say at this point that 2020 has been rough, but my 2020 became exponentially worse in the last month. The situation is ongoing, it's been rough, I've been through worse, a lot more challenges are to come and I am stirring the energy to take it all on.  


So let's talk about the Ausztral-Magyar biroldalom. I did NOT create this graphic, a follower sent this to me. It's pretty cute. This is indeed the Australian coat of arms on the left, and it also appears on some of our coins. 



I joked that I was quite busy this month, and reflecting on whether I should upload a video now or disappear for 10 years. I didn't really think the latter, but to be perfectly honest the same pieces were coming together that made me disappear for 10 years the last time! By which I mean, I was becoming so busy with work and other stuff that I was skipping out on my hobbies and other stuff. So I am SO pleased with myself that I didn't let that carry on, and instead got this video together. Woohoo and I'm so invigorated to make the next one too.

Anyway, we did a fast cut to some fake credits. Hope you liked them.





And then we launched into a story about how I went on a relay race from tovirol-hegyire to szorostul-borostul to csurran-cseppen and habos-babos. Ummm the saddest part of this is that the story was only about 5% exaggerated. No I didn't hang up on my colleagues during a Zoom call, but almost everything else truly happened that way.







Then we dive into a few clips. All the links are in the description of the video by the way. I'll skip to the junior Masterchef contestant Tiffany who made a Hungarian feast. I feel like I like this video more than a lot of Hungarians. It's just not as common as it should be that a teenage Australian with connections to  another country proudly makes their national dishes on a reality show. Many Australians with mixed backgrounds can have very conflicting feelings about their family origins, often stemming from family pressure for not speaking the other language perfectly or the clash between local values and family values. So to hear Tiffany say unabashedly that she loves Hungary, wants to share the culture and that she makes chicken gizzard stew...  is really nice to see. 

It was the basis for our Australian nyelvlecke. Honestly, whenever I don't put it a nyelvlecke component I get comments saying they missed it! I'm shocked, since there's literally an overload of 'Australian language' content on the internet these days, and I only want to talk about the real stuff (because some of it is really cringe and typecasting!!)

For each other examples I googled them to make sure I wasn't just imagining stuff. A lot of people write about 'good looking schnitzels' and 'good-looking steaks'. So I was relieved, with lingering confusion. 

Of course we have our dumb joke of 'atyaeg micsoda bombano az a lecso'! Which no one would ever say!

I really wanted to shout out some cool Hungarian creators and initiatives in this video. I don't think my meagre shout out will do much for them, but I just hope they find it a bit fun to see their idea get some kind of video treatment. We started with Micsodasag's image of this viral video.

It's a really special initiative the Twitter segito lista. What I love about it is that it's a right-sized initiative that can make a difference. I hope it's effective. Aniko, one of the coordinators behind the list, was very helpful in making sure I position it correctly.



Later on we talked about the very special lyrebird. Honestly it's just amazing. When I was editing this footage I had to watch that part like 20 times and it never stopped being amazing. I didn't even interject any dumb comments or cutaways (until the end lol)


And the very end we talk about the footage from the baby wombat that was born in Budapest zoo. Just so cute......... the most ausztral magyar I've ever seen. 


That's all for now. By the way, if you read this blog shoot me an email ausztraltom@gmail.com I want to ask you something. 


1 comment:

  1. Köszi az új videót, és örülök, hogy nem a 10 év kihagyás mellett döntöttél :)

    A L'art pour L'art társulat kicsit megosztó a magyar emberek között is (kind of 'love it or hate it'). Pl. én nagyon imádom, a feleségem nézni se bírja :)
    Sok-sok szóviccel, karakter paródiával. Leghíresebb visszatérő szereplői a Besenyő család, de sok más is előfordul.
    (Bocsánat a rossz minőségű videókért, de sajnos nem találtam jobbat)
    Egy klasszikus Besenyő Pista bácsi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ElZh7t0PYMM
    Boborján az iker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsqT_m22Npk
    Ripők show: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JvOxwDjQ9U&t=2s

    Sokszor vicces szövegű dalokat is írnak, pl.:
    Simon & Garfunkel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3gtxsCoGE0
    Nyálon lőtt lány balladája: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXrqa-cIOCw

    ReplyDelete

Ausztrál Nylevlecke 21

Hello again everyone! What a pleasure to start the new year with you.  If you're game, let's go through the latest video which I upl...